Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Casualties in Miskolc, Chickens in Mikepercs

The camp at the Miskolc orphanage is not even half over, but it has already sustained its share of mishaps. On Sunday the team realized it had forgotten many critical items leading me (Trudy) to make an unscheduled excursion to bring camp crafts, a large cooler, a computer and other items. It was a two hour trek each way in sweltering heat and no airconditioning and two very tired, very whinny girls in the back. And then after I got there, I realized I had forgotten the most critical item, the big cooler.

On Tuesday, Russell sustained a baseball blow to the face requiring three stitches, and some of the team have apparently picked up poison ivy while others are suffering stomach ailments. But the camp must go on, and on it goes as the team enters their third day of camp. Please keep them in your prayers. I will return with the girls on Friday for the final day of the camp.

Meanwhile on the homefront, on Monday morning our yard was inundated by our neighbor's chickens -- which I did not think was a big problem until they started eating Russell's flowers. I ran outside to shew them, but I could not get them over the fence. When our neighbor came out -- the one who gave us the degus (see previous posting)-- I said, "Hey, your chickens are here." He said, "Just throw them over the fence," but I did not want to touch those things. So Andi and Niki and I chased the chickens around the back yard with a broom until we had "swept" them back into their native habitat.

Never a dull moment in Hungary!

3 comments:

Jenn Ruggles said...

I am so glad you are blogging. I love to read about what is going on there. We hope to be able to come back. We are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Lord, Thank you for the chuns and the work they are doing, the lives they are touching for you, Bless them for being your hands, your feet, your mouth piece.
Hey Russ, you get a "that a boy"
Way to take one for the team =)
We love you guys and are behind you all the way.

Your family
Calvary Chapel Heidelberg

lu said...

i love how you didn't wanna touch "those things"...the weirdest thing for me of course:P but i'm a falusi lany:)